Views: 21 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-12-13 Origin: Site
Lipstick contains three main ingredients: pigments, waxes, and oils. Different types of lipstick use different ratios of these ingredients to create different textures and finishes for different looks. Some lipstick varieties include.
1. Balm Cream: As a hydrating and moisturizing lipstick, balm lip products are ideal if your lips are naturally dry. Cream lipsticks are formulated with a higher concentration of wax to create a protective coating that lasts all day. The creamy lipstick has a finish that is somewhere between glossy and matte, providing a slight shine to the lips.
2. Frosted: Formulated with ingredients such as glitter, frosted lipstick reflects light and gives your lips a shimmering, fuller look. You can use Frosted Lipstick for a nighttime look or mix it with DIY Lip Balm to add a shimmering effect to your lips.
3. Gloss: Known for mimicking the shine of lip glosses, glossy lip balms create a smooth, shiny effect on the lips. Glossy lipsticks come in various colors, from neutral tones to vibrant and bright shades.
4. Matte: Matte lipstick has high staying power due to its low oil content. As a long-lasting lip gloss, matte lipstick applies once and does not smudge throughout the day. The signature shine-free look of matte lipstick can dry your lips, so choose matte lipstick with moisturizing ingredients like vitamin E and aloe vera to keep your lips hydrated.
5. Clear: Because clear lip balms contain a higher concentration of oils than matte or cream lip balms, they are more moisturizing and nourishing for your lips. However, the oils in clear lipstick can cause feathering or cause the color to smear off throughout the day, so you may need to touch up clear lipstick more frequently. Clear lipstick also contains less tinted pigments and shades, so if you want a natural look and subtle lip gloss, choose clear lipstick.
6. Stains: Also known as lip glosses, lip balms are liquid lipsticks that create long-lasting stains on the lips. While lip glosses are consistent with lip stains, they dry to a sheer stain. Some lip glosses can leave your lips feeling dry, so apply a moisturizing lip balm before applying lip gloss.
7. Tinted lip balms: Nourishing tinted lip balms help prevent the delicate skin on your lips from drying out. These moisturizing lip balms are rich in moisturizing and protective ingredients such as coconut oil, vitamin E, and sometimes sunscreen, making them perfect for everyday use. Consider using a tinted lip balm with SPF to protect your lips from UV rays in the summer, or if your lips are dry, use a tinted lip balm year-round.